In April 1976, ACC members Walter and Roy Read restored the bell. The two brothers reinforced, tightened and replaced parts on the bell. They cleaned and polished it, and added 67 feet of new rope. New shock absorbers replaced disintegrated leather ones.
At the Easter Service on April 18, 1976, teenager Glenn Boswell rang the bell, dedicated to the late organist Lester M. Bradley (1891-1975). A memorial fund in Mr. Bradley’s honor supplied the funds for restoring the bell.
Photograph by Nora Howard, 2010.