Selling Christmas Trees on the Front Lawn
In the early 1950s, the church’s Men Club sold Christmas trees to raise funds for building a new Parish Hall. They sold the trees in December 1952, 1953, 1954 and possibly longer.
In 1954, the sale ran from December 11-24. Hours were 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturdays, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays and from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays. Three men were on duty for three-hour shifts.
The 1952 photograph is from the ACC archives and the Connecticut Digital Archives.