The photo is of the gravestone of the Kellogg family and is adjacent to our church in the East Avon cemetery. The Rev. Bela Kellogg was the first pastor at Avon Congregational Church from 1819 to 1829. Now, that the weather is getting warmer, try to read the inscription for Rev. Kellogg.
It reads: “He was decidedly a man of God and full of faith & the Holy Ghost. As a minister of the gospel, his heart glowed with love to his Redeemer. Rooted & Grounded
In evangelical truth, he was bold, ardent, and ______in his Master’s cause. His prayers and labors were abundant, his benevolence expansive & his end is peace in the armor of God. He met death and triumphed.”